Festival of Faith: Risking Faith, Daring Hope
When: Saturday and Sunday, July 21‒22, 2018
What: The Festival of Faith kicks off GC43. It’s a celebration of our work and witness through the arts.
Where: 43rd General Council at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Durham College, Oshawa, ON
Time: 10am and into the evening on both days.
Cost: Free! We are thankful for any donations you make to Mission & Service.
What’s happening at the Festival?
- Music: Experience inspiring performers at multiple stages. Enjoy a DJ, silent dance party and lip-sync competition.
- Interactive art: Explore amazing art displays, including stories and images of over 80 projects supported by Embracing the Spirit, a new United Church learning network that you can get involved in. Join a Messy Fiesta and paint a pew!
- Workshops: Be inspired by 25 workshops with leaders from across Canada.
- Spirituality: Discover different ways to express your faith.
- Coffee house: Enjoy the open mic experience, spoken word, poems, songs and more. Everyone is welcome to contribute.
- Artisan market: Explore the market sprinkled with local artisans and social enterprises.
- The Alvin Dixon Memorial Run/Walk: Start your second day of festival on the right foot at 8am with this 5km run / 2km walk event.
Help us promote the Festival by downloading our flyer today! Post it on your bulletin board and link to it from your website.