See Stories of Innovation and Hope
There are so many examples of innovative and hopeful work happening across The United Church of Canada. Experience and be inspired by these stories at the Festival of Faith’s Embracing the Spirit Art Display. Faith communities will share stories of their work and success through text, photos, and video.
Expressing the Spirit Art Display: Details
July 21 to July 28, 2018
(See Festival details below)
What is Embracing the Spirit?
Embracing the Spirit is a learning network and innovation fund that:
- spurs innovation across the entire United Church of Canada network of faith communities;
- makes getting new pilot programs off the ground easy and accessible;
- ensures that successful initiatives continue to thrive and gain momentum;
- creates a learning network that supports innovative faith communities through connection and collaboration;
- supports existing funding programs, encouraging faith communities to experiment and assist in the early stages of developing new ideas;
- supports both new and renewing faith communities.
Embracing the Spirit projects contribute to a vital United Church.
Mission & Service Makes It Possible
Mission & Service funds the wonderful spiritual, social, environmental, and financially stable work happening through Embracing the Spirit. Commissioners at the 42nd General Council (2015), the United Church’s governing body, decided to establish the Embracing the Spirit program to support new ministries as well as new forms of ministry. Ten percent of the annual Mission & Service budget goes towards Embracing the Spirit. Thank you to our generous Mission & Service donors.
The Festival of Faith: Free, all-ages community event kicking off GC43
Saturday and Sunday, July 21‒22, 2018
University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Durham College, Oshawa, ON.
Stay up to date—and help spread the word:
- Follow the Festival of Faith on Facebook—and let us know if you plan to attend this inspiring event.
- We are regularly updating the Festival of Faith details online, so bookmark this page and check out new events and activities.
- Help us promote the Festival by downloading our flyer today! Post it on your bulletin board and link to it from your website.
- E-mail Carla Leon for information on artisan tables, performances, and more.