43rd General Council meets online October 23 at noon (EDT)
Commissioners of the 43rd General Council will meet online on Saturday, October 23, at noon (EDT) to approve a few routine pieces of business and a mission and vision statement for the church that has arisen through the strategic planning process.
Some of the agenda items:
- a mission and vision statement for the church arising from the direction of the 43rd General Council (2018)
- the annual report of the church with updates on the work of the Executive, the United Property Resource Corporation, and the General Council Office, including the new anti-racism action plan
- update from the National Indigenous Council
- refinements to the assessment formula
- receiving the annual audited financial statements
Annual online meetings are required for the General Council to formally receive the audited financial statements. There is also an opportunity to address essential and timely follow-up from the 43rd General Council (2018) meeting.
The agenda and a full listing of the business are available in the Workbook on the United Church Commons under GC43 Annual Meeting 2021.
The meeting will be webcast through the church’s YouTube channel. It is expected that the meeting will be four hours with Commissioners joining online from their homes or offices.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org