Strategic Planning Process 2021
The 43rd General Council will receive a major report, recommending mission, vision, and key strategic priorities for The United Church of Canada at its October 2021 meeting. Following the major gathering of the commissioners in July 2018 in Oshawa, they agreed to meet annually until the 44th General Council to consider urgent matters of denominational importance. This strategic planning process aimed at providing a common direction for 2022‒2024 is one of those key urgent matters.
Consultations are happening across the church through focus groups, interviews, and surveys. Five Moderator’s Town Hall events are also planned and open to all members, with an emphasis on those in paid and volunteer leadership. Details for registering will be available after Easter. All are welcome at these Town Halls. Please plan to attend only one.
Regular updates will be posted on this site. Following the Town Halls, the full report will be sent to the General Council Executive’s meeting on September 25, 2021, before being proposed to the October meeting of all the 43rd General Council Commissioners.
English Session: April
- Saturday April 17: Noon (PT), 1:00 p.m. (MT), 2:00 p.m. (CT) | Register Now
- Tuesday April 20: 6:00 p.m. (PT), 7:00 p.m. (MT), 8:00 p.m. (CT) | Register Now
- Antler River
- Canadian Shield
- Chinook Winds
- Horseshoe Falls
- Living Skies
- Northern Spirit
- Pacific Mountain
- Prairie to Pine
English Session: May
- Saturday May 1: Noon (ET), 1 p.m. (AT), 1:30 p.m. (NT) | Register Now
- Tuesday May 4: 6:30 p.m. (ET), 7:30 p.m. (AT), 8:00 p.m. (NT) | Register Now
- Conseil régional Nakonha:ka Regional Council
- East Central
- Eastern Ontario Outaouais
- First Dawn Eastern Edge
- Fundy St. Lawrence
- Region 15
- Shining Waters
- Western Ontario Waterways
A Moderator’s Town Hall for francophone leaders. Please see the United Church's French website for details.
- Thursday May 6: 3:00 p.m. (NT), 2:30 (AT), 1:30 (ET), 12:30 (CT), 11:30 (MT), 10:30 (PT) | Register Now
Specific additional focus groups will also be held in May and June with the Indigenous church. Exact dates to be announced, watch here for details.
The members of the Strategic Planning Project Team are
- Right Rev. Richard Bott, Moderator
- Rev. Michael Blair, General Secretary
- Jennifer Henry, Project Manager
- Rev. Beth Hayward
- Rev. Karlene Brown-Palmer
- Amy Haynes
- Rev. Éric Hébert-Daly
- Rev. Richard Manley-Tannis
- Allan Buckingham
- Rev. Murray Pruden
For more information: Jennifer Henry, Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.