Community Innovation Challenge
Community Innovation Challenges are creative “design labs.” People from different sectors brainstorm ways to solve a host of social problems that the community has identified. This event will tackle the ecosystem.
$2,500 will be awarded to help ideas generated at this challenge get off the ground. In the true spirit of a Community Innovation Challenge, community participants decide which projects will be given money. The funding is provided by Mission & Service.
BONUS: The biggest prize will be the relationships you build, the stories that you hear and collaborations you experience.
- 2pm: Introduction to Design Thinking
- 2:15pm: Team Formation and Storytelling
- 2:25pm: Understanding the Problem
- 2:55pm: Asset and Strength Mapping
- 3:10pm: Ideation and Next Steps
- 3:40pm: Team Presentations
- 4:00pm: Prizes!
For more information, visit: www.socialinnovationchallenge.ca/oshawa/